SAFE CFI Non-owned Aircraft Liability Insurance Plan
Aviation Insurance Resources (AIR) and SAFE have created a comprehensive liability insurance plan available exclusively to flight instructors who are SAFE members. You must be a current member of SAFE to enroll (Associate-level members are excluded from participation in this particular program; membership status will also be verified prior to binding).
Premiums are surprisingly affordable, with special cumulative discounts for qualified applicants as follows:
- Take 5% off the premium just for enrolling as a SAFE member
- Take an additional 10% off if you are a current Master Instructor designated by Master Instructors LLC
- Take another 5% off if you have completed the FAA WINGS Advanced or Master phases within the previous 12 months
- And take yet another 5% off for no claims
Here are just a few of the features/benefits the plan provides:
- Limits of liability available up to $1 million with $200,000 per passenger and up to $200,000 for non-owned physical damage.
- Coverage is extended for “negligent instruction” for an occurrence during the policy including any dual flight instruction, flight review or any checkride you perform. “Negligent instruction” also applies to ground instruction given by you.
- Includes coverage for instructing in standard aircraft and:
- Single-Engine Seaplanes
- Multi-Engine Landplanes
- Medical Expense Coverage up to $10,000 available
- Loss of use coverage
- Underwritten through STARR Aviation (Chubb Insurance)
- Premium Financing Available (25% down plus 9 additional payments for qualified enrollees)
Note: This program has not yet been approved in the following states. These states will be added to the program as soon as approvals have been received: AK, NY
SAFE Insurance is for SAFE Members only
Join SAFE today to apply for SAFE Liability Insurance