SAFE’s members … are highly accomplished people with a lot of valuable experience to transfer. So let me congratulate you on starting the SAFE Aviation Educator Mentoring Program. I especially like the program statement that “Even experienced educators may occasionally want or need insights when teaching in new aircraft, or with new technologies and techniques.” — Former FAA Administrator Babbitt
About the Program
SAFE’s Aviation Educator Mentoring Program (the Program) enhances the professional development of aviation educators of all types. Through mentoring and support, participants grow stronger and smarter in promoting a safe aviation environment. You too can become part of this unique Program.
The Program matches expert aviation educators with those seeking assistance or improvement to become world class educators themselves by providing an effective framework for the mentoring process. The Program is available to current educators or educators-in-training who are members of SAFE, whether in flight, ground, youth, college, maintenance, or other aviation areas. Even experienced educators may occasionally want or need insights when teaching in new aircraft, or with new technologies and techniques.
Minimum Requirements to Participate
Mentees (those seeking mentoring).
- Mentees must be SAFE members in good standing.
- Mentees must be aviation educators or in training programs to become aviation educators.
Mentors (those providing mentoring).
- Mentors must be SAFE members in good standing.
- Mentors must provide two references who can verify that mentors possess sufficient expertise in aviation or aviation education to warrant the respect of their aviation peers.
Meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance as a mentor. Approval as a Program mentor is the decision of the Mentoring Program Committee and is based on a review of the application, recommendations, and references.
How to Participate
SAFE members interested in becoming either mentors or mentees are invited to complete a simple online application as follows:
- Already a SAFE member? Please log in to the SAFE website and follow the path Members Only > Aviation Educator Mentoring Program to access additional information as well as the application form.
- Not yet a SAFE member? Join now to access this and other valuable member benefits!
Contact Us for More Information
Newlan Parker: email@example.com