The Society of Aviation and Flight Educators (SAFE) has initiated an incentives-based membership drive where SAFE members themselves are being tasked with recruiting new members. The goal of the Member Get-a-Member campaign – dubbed The GAME PLAN™ – is to add 500 new members to the organization’s ranks before AirVenture in July 2010.
According to SAFE Chair Doug Stewart, “This is a highly ambitious and novel program for such a young organization. But member-centricity and member involvement are two of our founding precepts.” In addition to increasing the ranks of the organization, recruiters become eligible for prizes donated by several aviation sponsors:
- The number one recruiter receives a Zulu ANR headset provided by Lightspeed Aviation
- The number two recruiter receives a Garmin Nuvi 765T Car GPS provided by Avionics Specialists LLC
- The number three recruiter receives The Ultimate FIRC Package consisting of:
- FAA-approved Online FIRC provided by Aviation Supplies & Academics (ASA)
- The book “Stall/Spin Awareness” provided by Master Instructor Rich Stowell
- The book “GPS and WAAS Instrument Flying Handbook” provided by Master Instructor Max Trescott
In addition to the grand prizes, SAFE will also hold a random drawing for all GAME PLAN™ recruiters during its annual dinner-meeting scheduled in Oshkosh, WI on Thursday, July 29th. The membership drive is scheduled to run from March 1st through July 5th, 2010.
Started in early 2009, SAFE is a dynamic organization made up of many of the aviation education industry’s leaders. For more information on SAFE and The GAME PLAN™, please visit https://www.safepilots.org/game-plan/