Experts Will Address Central Issues
The Society of Aviation and Flight Educators (SAFE) recently released its list of panelists for the GA Pilot Training Reform Symposium. More than two dozen industry experts have agreed to share insights and recommendations during the symposium, including:
- Jim Lauerman, President, AVEMCO Insurance Company
- Dr. William Rhodes, Managing Member, Aerworthy Consulting LLC
- John King, Co-Owner, King Schools, Inc.
- Carol Jensen, Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association
- Jennifer Storm, Director of Flight Training Initiatives, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
- Eric Radtke, President, Sporty’s Academy, Inc.
- Jerry Gregoire, Founder, Redbird Flight Simulations
- Gretchen Jahn, COO, Remos Aircraft
- Michele Summers-Halleran, Associate Professor & Associate Chair of Aeronautical Science, ERAU
- Jens Hennig, Vice President, Operations, General Aviation Manufacturers Association
- Travis Klumb, Flight Training Manager, Cirrus Aircraft
- Tom Norton, Norton Aviation, Designated Pilot Examiner (Eclipse 500) for Orlando FAA FSDO
- Dr. Kurt Barnhart, President, University Aviation Association, and Aviation Department Head, KSU-Salina
- Dr. John Bertrand, Owner, Windsong Aviation Training, Inc., Professor of Aerospace (Ret.), MTSU
- Dave McVinnie, DPE & FAASTeam Representative for Albuquerque FAA FSDO
- Thomas Turner, President, Mastery Flight Training, Inc.
- Mike Shiflett, MS Aviation
- Arlynn McMahon, Training Center Manager, Aero-Tech, Inc.
- Jeff Edwards, President, AVSAFE
- Max Trescott, President, Glass Cockpit Publishing
- Jeffrey Moss, President, Flying Like the Pros
- Pete Bunce, President, General Aviation Manufacturers Association
- Jack Pelton, Chairman, President, & CEO, Cessna Aircraft Company
- Hal Shevers, Founder/Chairman, Sporty’s
- Brent Wouters, CEO, Cirrus Aircraft
- John McGraw, Deputy Director, Flight Standards Service, Federal Aviation Administration
The Pilot Training Reform Symposium will convene at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Atlanta, GA on May 4-5, 2011. The invitation-only event is expected to draw up to 300 top aviation professionals who will collaborate on securing a healthy future for general aviation.