Who’s-Who Roster Will Guide Pilot Training Reform
The Society of Aviation and Flight Educators (SAFE) recently released its list of keynote speakers and panel moderators for the GA Pilot Training Reform Symposium. SAFE Chair and 2004 National Flight Instructor of the Year Doug Stewart will preside over the symposium. Other movers and shakers in the flight training industry who have volunteered to lead the symposium include:
Keynote Luncheon Speakers
- Mel Cintron, Manager, General Aviation and Commercial Division (AFS-800), FAA Headquarters
- Jack J. Pelton, Chairman, President, & CEO, Cessna Aircraft Company
- Safety – J.J. Greenway, Chief Flight Instructor & Safety Director, AOPA Aviation Safety Institute
- Growth – Julie Filucci, Manager, Cessna Pilot Centers
- Doctrine – Robert Wright, President, Wright Aviation Solutions LLC
- Standards – Pat Knight, Seven-time Master Instructor & Designated Pilot Examiner
- Curricula – Rich Stowell, Rich Stowell’s Aviation Learning Center
- Aviation Educators – Mike Gaffney, Flightlogics Aviation Consulting
- Industry Leadership – Martha King, Co-Owner, King Schools, Inc.
The Pilot Training Reform Symposium will convene at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Atlanta, GA on May 4-5, 2011. The invitation-only event is expected to draw up to 300 top aviation professionals who will collaborate on securing a healthy future for general aviation.